In 1914, Sir Ernest Shackleton led twenty-seven men for almost two years through a harrowing fight for their lives after the wreck of their Antarctic ship, Endurance, left them stranded on an ice floe some 2,000 kms from civilisation. Every man survived, and every man ascribed it to Shackleton's superb leadership.
'Shackleton's Way: Leadership Lessons from the Great Antarctic Explorer' is a one day multi-media seminar. Historic film and pictures are included. It is a fascinating and practical case study of a leader who triumphed by putting people first and striving for the seemingly impossible. It is an inspirational look at how to achieve goals by unleashing strengths in individuals that they never knew they had.
The seminar focuses on highly practical applications of leadership skills ensuring that participants benefit immediately. Practical exercises, relevant case studies, lively presentations, film and discussions will be conducted throughout the day.
The course is an endorsed programme to Richard Coles from the authors of a best selling book on the subject. It has been run for business luncheon groups, teams, hotels, airlines, sales conferences, motivational experiences, management teams, CEOs and Managers, and even MBA classes. This provides a solid learning experience that will result in leadership skills application in the work place.
At the conclusion of this Workshop participants will:
1. Understand the skills required to keep work teams together
2. Appreciate Shackleton's inspirational strategies of leadership
3. Gain overall understanding of how a leader's decision made can affect your team.
4. Understand the value of communication skills in a leadership position
1. The path to leadership
2. Developing leadership skills
3. Hiring an outstanding crew
4. Creating a spirit of camaraderie
5. Getting the best from each individual
6. Leading effectively in a crisis/crisis management
7. Forming teams for tough assignments
8. Overcoming obstacles to reach a goal
9. Leaving a legacy
DATE: 19th Oct 2009
TIME: 9:00AM - 5:00PM
VENUE: The Tanglin Club 5 Draycott Drive
FEE: SGD 350.00
(includes 2 teas & lunch)If you register by 12th Oct-5% discount for individuals-10% discount for group of 5 or more
1. By fax: Please fax to Mr. David Goh: the Participants name, designation & company:(65) 68447068
2. By email:Please email to Mr. DavidGoh: the participants name, designation & company: firstname.lastname@example.org