In this fast challenging business world where the emphasis is on corporate governance and profitability, financial awareness for Managers* is not an option, it has becomes a necessity.
This course has been specially designed for managers* who do not have a full financial training and strong finance background and having some basic accounting knowledge will be an advantage, and whose managerial responsibilities include the following:
* Managing their contribution and performance towards the company business goals, plans and profitability.
* Managing and/or running more effectively the business and/or department operations.
* Planning and decisions making with financial tools.
* Accountability for the profitability of the business, sales plan and growth, market share, department expenditure and goals.
* Managing and/or understanding how credit limit and credit control affect the “working capital” of the company
* Using finance tool for Project planning
* Controlling Budgeting and forecasting
* Negotiating with Suppliers, Banks and Customers
KEY BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
1 .Understanding the language and “jargon” of finance and to work effectively with the Chief Financial Officer/Financial Controller and their finance team
2. Able to accomplish the important business tasks as follows:
* Read Annual Reports
* Understand Financial Statements- Balance Sheets, Profit and Loss, and Cash Flow
* Measure the liquidity of a business
* Differentiate between regular income and extraordinary items
* Why companies goes bankrupt
* Do a break-even analysis
* Figure out return on investment
* Compute the cost of capital
* Put together a Business Plan
* Decide whether your business should be a sole proprietorship, partnership or a private limited company
* Manage Foreign currency exposure
* Value a business
* Understand Financial Reports versus Management Reports
* Understand Exception Reports
* Prepare a budget
* Understand Budget and Forecasts
* Managing Internal Controls
DATE: 26th to 27th Oct 2009
TIME: 9:00AM - 5:00PM
VENUE: The Furama Riverfront Hotel [MAP]
FEE: SGD 790.00
To register via fax, please click here to fax the form to (65) 6327 7155.
To register online, please click here.