Google

Thursday, August 28, 2008

A list of things, I wished my staff knew about me (their boss)

A list of things, I wished my staff knew about me (their boss)

  1. I don't know everything. That job belongs to God. What I do is make sure you have the resources and information in order for you to do your job. I play chess for a living. You are a chess piece for now. And you play for my side.
  2. The reason why I am good to you most of the time is because I wished my own boss behaved that way.
  3. I really don't care what time you came to work or what time you're going back home. All that matters is that you finish your work on schedule and have a healthy life outside of the office.
  4. I have a mental note book that keeps track of all the times you disobey me
  5. There's nothing I dislike more than gossiping and backstabbing in my department
  6. People I need to keep because it's a pain in the ass to have to hire & train somebody new get pay raises. People I want to keep get promotions.
  7. Yes, I do expect you to read my mind. There's nothing I hate more than having to sign documents while I'm enjoying a cup of coffee.
  8. You're not irreplaceable. I just let you think that.
  9. Please don't come with me with problems but no solutions. Always have at least 2 options for me to choose from, even if it's a choice between red or blue.
  10. I have a very limited attention span. Please do not trust it to spot your embedded message in a novella-length email.
Source: http://cowboycaleb.liquidblade.com/index.php/archives/2008/08/21/a-list-of-things-i-wished-my-staff-knew-about-me-their-boss/

No comments: